Who is MORIAH?
- Founded on the principle that every child deserves the opportunity to maximize their individual potential, MORIAH™ intends to collaborate with families, community partners, and professional service providers to fully satisfy this social contract. Our mission is providing guidance and support services for children with special needs and their families in the development of interpersonal communication, relationship development, and exposure to learning. These life-enhancing resources and services for children to the age of eighteen are provided through the generosity of volunteers, staff, and donors, whose focus is on empowering children to maximize their potential.
Social and Communication Programs and Support for Children with Special Needs
- MORIAH™ Inclusive Social Groups: Matching peer mentors with children (having varying special needs) to communicate and model typical age appropriate behavior with their peers in a fun structured environment;
- MORIAH™ Outreach & Inclusion Methodology (OIM): A research based analytical approach for a) educating the community to respect individual uniqueness, specifically associated with special needs; and b) assisting organizations, including but not limited to camps, sports leagues, and businesses, with the creation of inclusive programs that bridge the divide between typical and children with special needs;
- MORIAH™ Scholarships: Intended for children who would benefit from expansion of social / communication skills through camps or socialization groups; and
- MORIAH™ Navigation: provides support for families with a child facing developmental delays or disorders. Services include delivery or referrals including but not limited to assessments, interventions, education or family supports.
Social and Communication Programs Support Children with Special Needs
Intent on developing programs meeting the needs of children requiring social skill expansion, MORIAH targets children who benefit from inclusive opportunities and interventions in an extracurricular setting. Such activities include but are not limited to summer camps, social groups and peer mentoring. MORIAH makes scholarships available to families whose children will benefit from such programs. These life enhancing services and resources for children and families help children reach their maximum potential.